What are they saying?

Use the image below to create dialogue between the ducks.

Ducks

Be as creative and imaginative as you like.

Remember:

Use the correct punctuation around talking marks.

Write 4-8 sentences of dialogue.

Check your spelling, grammar and punctuation before submitting.

28 Comments on What are they saying?

1. abbeyg
    April 13, 2016 at 6:02 pm (4 years ago)

Bella said to her friend on the road, “What are you doing Silky?” Silky said on the busy road, “Just trying to avoid all this traffic, because my ducklings ran on the road with no warning!”
    “Wow they must be a handful to deal with because of all the safety,” Yelled Bella over the noisy and dangerous traffic. “We did not mean to, we were just having some adventures with Abbey, Penny and Troy, you know we are sisters and brothers,” quacked the youngest of all the ducklings who is Sam. As a big red Ferrari comes their way in the parking spots. “Argh we are going to die. Mummy what are we going to do?” yelled Abbey from the end closest to the Ferrari. When the Ferrari was coming faster the man in the car yelled, “Oi, what are you ducks doing on the road.” He yelled over the screech of the wheel stopping the car. He jumped out and he carried the ducks all home safe.

“Yay we are alive,” quacked Penny. “I always would of protected you anyway so don’t worry, everything is all right.”

• iwaller
      April 13, 2016 at 10:34 pm (4 years ago)

Creative response Abbey. Well done.

2. Penny
    April 13, 2016 at 6:21 pm (4 years ago)

“Hey Sir Ducsulot are you going home?”
    “Yes Duck Vader, it’s my night to do the dishes.”
    “How do you do the dishes with no thumbs?”
    “It’s hard but I like to challenge myself.”
    “How did you get the name Sir Ducksulot anyway?”
    “Well I’m a prince so that’s how I got it.”
    “Hey Sir Ducsulot I need a taxi home can you take me?”
    “No. What about your wings silly sausage.”
    “Oh yeah I forgot about those!”
    “Lets not talk on the road we might get hit!”
    “Great idea.”
    “So what are your kids names?”
    “Judy, Quacko ,Marla,Beakie and Quaskie as you might think Quacko and Quasi are twins.”
    “Bye Duck Vader see you next Quack!”

• iwaller
      April 13, 2016 at 10:35 pm (4 years ago)

You thought of some clever names Penny. Well done.

3. madeleine
    April 14, 2016 at 9:21 pm (4 years ago)

“Come over here and stay on the safe side of the white saftey-line baby ducklings!”
    “NO! We want an adventure with Daddy duck!”
    “I will say this ONE more time: Stay on the safe side of the Safety white line or you will be hit!”
    “Aoooh. OK..”
    “Good on you little Ducklings – come to me now”.
    So Eeeky, Quacky, Peeky waddled after Mother Duck all the way home along with Papa Duck.
    Their adventure was a splash in the pond on a Banana Boat Ride!

• jessica
      April 17, 2016 at 6:04 pm (4 years ago)

“Hey Edna, why did the duck cross the road?” said Harry.

“Because we need to go shopping,” groaned Edna as they waddled across the road with their ducklings.

“No, to get to the other side, as there is a police car following us,” whispered Harry afraid of the policeman.

“Huh, where? Oh no, save my ducklings,” panicked Edna.

“Be quiet and act normal Edna. Don’t turn around,” explained Harry as he tried to round the ducklings together.

“Oops too late,” said Edna, as the siren went weeeooooweeeooo and the policeman got out of the car and shouted, “Y’all ain’t getting dose wings ip.”

“I have no idea what he just said but I guess we won’t be crossing the road to go shopping after all,” sighed Edna.

• iwaller
        April 17, 2016 at 6:10 pm (4 years ago)

Well done Jess!

4. Molly
    April 16, 2016 at 7:04 pm (4 years ago)

Dad duck: “Get off the road you five before you become someone or somethings dinner!”
    Mum duck: “Come on you four listen to your father.”
    Baby duck: “Do we have to go any further? My small webbed feet are killing me.”
    1 Baby duck: “Can’t we just sleep on the grass for the night?”
    Dad duck: “Well I suppose it wouldn’t hurt to sleep on the grass for one night, any way my feet are killing me too!”

• iwaller
      April 17, 2016 at 5:41 pm (4 years ago)

Well done!

5. mia
    April 17, 2016 at 5:34 pm (4 years ago)

“Quick our babies might get hurt, let’s get off the road,” said mother duck.
    “Good idea, quick baby ducklings hurry up,” said father duck.
    “We are coming,” said Tahnee the duckling.
    “Wait for me,” said Mia the duckling.
    They all made it across the road safely.

• iwaller
      April 17, 2016 at 5:49 pm (4 years ago)

Well done Mia!

6. scarlett
    April 17, 2016 at 8:21 pm (4 years ago)

“Going home Gilbert?”
    “Yep, are you?”
    “No, just taking the ducklings out for a walk.”
    “I wish I had ducklings”
    “You know it’s hard work Susan.”
    “But it’s so boring at home nothing to do, no one to talk and play with.”
    “Straight line duckling, straight line, told you it’s hard work.”
    “Okay I get how it’s hard to have ducklings.”

• iwaller
      April 17, 2016 at 8:28 pm (4 years ago)

Great Scarlett!

7. abbeys
    April 19, 2016 at 4:42 pm (4 years ago)

“Mummy can me and Webby go on the police car?”
    “No something bad will happen!”
    “Alright but be ready for karma.”
    “Who taught you about karma?” Waddles my older brother.
    “I’ll get your brother back.”
    “No because he’s in Canada.”
    “I don’t care i’ll get him back.”

8. holly
    April 19, 2016 at 4:53 pm (4 years ago)

“Let’s get of the road before anyone get’s hurt,” said mother duck.
    “Ok but can we go to the river with daddy PLEASE?” said Jimmy.
    “We sure can but before we do anything we are going to go on another adventure,” said daddy duck.
    “What kind of adventure dad?” said Amy.
    “A adventure that you will go on but won’t want to leave,” said daddy duck.
    “Ok let’s go so we can have fun,” said Jimmy.
    “Are you coming mum?” said Jimmy and Amy.
    “I sure am because it sounds so fun,” said mummy duck.

9. joel
    April 19, 2016 at 5:24 pm (4 years ago)

“Where are we Gill?”
    “Why are you asking me? I am just a duckling”
    “Where are we Phil?”
    “On the road of course.”
    “What is a road?”
    “What cars travel on.”
    “What’s a car.”
    “The thing that’s behind you.”
    “Oh you mean that. OH MY GOSH!!”

10. martin
    April 19, 2016 at 6:31 pm (4 years ago)

“Hurry up and come over here to the safer side,” said father duck.
    “Alright alright,” said mother duck.
    “Just after I teach the ducklings to cross the road. Not till their older,” said father duck.
    “Can we take a break from walking?” asked the ducklings.
    “Sure,” mother and father duck agreed.

11. Rhys
    April 19, 2016 at 7:16 pm (4 years ago)

“Hey Bob.”
    “Hey Steve.”
    “Hey Bob, see you have company.”
    “Yeah they are called Bobbin, Bobbina, Bobby and Bob Junior.”
    “Ay Bob better move or you’ll be a flat duckancake.”

12. adam
    April 19, 2016 at 7:19 pm (4 years ago)

The three little Ducks said, “What are these cars doing around us?” The Dad Duck said,”I don’t know.” The Mum Duck said, “I don’t know too.” The little Ducks said, “We are scared that the cars are going to run us over.” And they ran away. The Mum and Dad duck followed them and said, “Where are you going?” the little Ducks said, “Somewhere safer.”

13. Xavier
    April 19, 2016 at 7:47 pm (4 years ago)

“Hey Pluck-a-Duck, do you think we have caused enough trouble for the morning?” said Lucky Duck.

“No, I think we should continue and stop the afternoon traffic also,” said Pluck-a-Duck. The ducklings were quite amused about how silly their mum and dad were, until…..
    Pluck-a-Duck quaked at the top of his beak, “Everyone hurry and waddle as fast as you can to the nearest barnyard, the police are on our tails”. They all waddled as fast as they could, dodging all the traffic and the police officers.

“Great escape team, we have even made it onto tonight’s news,” said Lucky Duck.

Pluck-a-Duck replies in a cheeky voice, “Let’s say we do this all over again tomorrow……..”

14. Josh
    April 19, 2016 at 7:53 pm (4 years ago)

“Hop off the road or you’ll be duck pancakes all of you. You do want that
    to happen do you?!”said mother duck.
    “No,”said the baby ducklings in fright.
    “But if we get across the road alive we can go on another waddle
    tomorrow,” said father duck.

15. Matilde
    April 19, 2016 at 7:58 pm (4 years ago)

“Get off the road love otherwise you and the ducklings might get hurt,” exclaimed Mr Duck.

“Well darling this police car is nicely waiting behind us,” softly said Mrs Duck.

“YES but it can’t wait forever,” yelled Mr Duck over the loud and noisy traffic.

“Hey mum, daddy is right we might get run over,” yelled Chirpy.

“OK, if you say so,” cried Mrs duck.

16. Aidan
    April 19, 2016 at 7:58 pm (4 years ago)

“Quick we all need to get off the road before we get squashed by a car. We have to get back to the river and quick,” said mother duck. “Come on ducklings,” she said.
    The Father duck said, “We need to get back to the river so we can eat, I am starving and I am sure the rest of you are as well. I hope there are some little kids there ready to feed us some bread!”

17. olivia
    April 19, 2016 at 8:45 pm (4 years ago)

”Henrietta, I’ve told you many times you need to walk on this side of the white-line. Can’t you see that you’ve caused a traffic jam?”

”Golly gosh Cyril, you exaggerate everything. There’s no traffic jam, the cars are just admiring our beautiful ducklings.”

“Lets just keep walking off the road, down the hill, across the path and over to the lake, so we can swim eat and relax.”

18. Tom
    April 19, 2016 at 8:46 pm (4 years ago)

“Why are you friends with a unicorn, Duckette?” Said Quackers Magee.
    “Cause D, Du, Duc and Ducky like her, Quackers Magee,” Said Duckette.
    “Well I’m going to the Movies,” Said Quackers Magee.
    “OH NO YOUR NOT YOU COME PLAY WITH THE KIDS!!!” Said Duckette.
    “I regret my life,” Said Quackers Magee.

19. Henry
    April 20, 2016 at 7:34 am (3 years ago)

“Hey, you know the police are chasing us! Come along! come along.”
    “QUACK! Watch it buddy!”
    The ducks keep on walking around, “This is our road to walk on!”
    BEEP! BEEP!
    “I just don’t like how this is going today.”

20. ryan
    April 20, 2016 at 8:04 am (3 years ago)

“Come on you four or you will be run over,” said the duck on the left.
    “Come on,” said the three little ducks.
    “I think we are getting chased by the police man,” said the big duck on the right.
    “We are getting chased by the police man,” said the three little ducks.

21. Layla
    April 26, 2016 at 4:31 pm (3 years ago)

“Come on kids we only had you a week ago we don’t wan’t you to get run over by a car,” said Mr Waddle.
    “Mummy what is that big shiny thing?” asked Chip.
    “That is a car love,” said Mrs Waddle.
    “Ow.”
    “Come on we have feet for a reason get your feet working.”